July 13, 2023 1 min read

Despite holding the promise of delivering superior patient outcomes while lowering healthcare costs, many providers remain reluctant to embrace value-based care (VBC) reimbursement models. Progress toward VBC adoption hasn’t achieved its potential yet, hovering around 60% of all payment models from 2018 to 2021, with the remaining 40% comprised of traditional fee for service (FFS).

Though some providers simply are hesitant to abandon the FFS model that has served them well, others are leery of the technological and management challenges they associate with VBC models.